1. Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application for the marriage license and must provide either a valid Driver’s License or State Identification with a current address, Birth Certificate, and a Social Security Number. It is strongly recommended that both applicants apply in person. Bring copies of any divorce paperwork.
2. Michigan Residents must apply for the marriage license in the county where they reside. The marriage license will be valid in any county in the State of Michigan.
3. Out of State Residents must apply in the county where the marriage ceremony is to be performed. The marriage license will be valid only in the county where the marriage license was obtained. Please verify the location prior to the marriage ceremony or the marriage will be INVALID.
4. The marriage license is valid for a total of 33 days, including a 3-day waiting period. Notify the clerk at the time of application if you have a need to waive this 3-day waiting period. There is a $15.00 fee for the 3-day waiver. Please allow at least 45 minutes to 1 hour to process the marriage license.
5. There is a $20.00 marriage license application fee for Michigan Residents. There is a $30.00 fee for Out of State Residents. The fee is payable at the time of application.
6. The marriage license application can be completed at the clerk of the court offices. YOU MUST GIVE BOTH COPIES OF THE MARRAIGE LICENSE TO THE OFFICIANT TO FILL OUT PRIOR TO THE CEREMONY ON YOUR WEDDING DAY. THE WEDDING CAN NOT HAPPEN WITHOUT BOTH COPIES OF THE LICENSE PRESENT.
7. Please proof read your marriage license before the wedding. If an error is discovered, please contact the office immediately where you obtained the license. A Court Order may be required to correct an error if it is found after the marriage ceremony.
8. Please use BLACK ink on the Certificate of Marriage portion of the marriage license.
9. The Licensees, two witnesses (18 years of age or older) and the Officiant must sign the Certificate of Marriage portion of the marriage license. The Licensees must legibly sign their FULL LEGAL NAMES as they wish it to appear after the marriage. (Only Last Names may be Changed)
10. The Officiant will return the license to the clerk of the court within 10 days of the marriage. You will keep one copy and they will send in the other.
We Officiated at this gorgeous wedding at Vasari Country Club in Bonita Springs Florida!